Avia is now in the second generation of ownership, Hayley Pells taking over from her father, Andy Murdoch who started his automotive career with the army in the mid 1960's and his aftermarket career in the mid 1970's. Working together as equal partners for over a decade after Hayley left the RAF, the partnership came to an end when Andy wanted to spend more time with his classic motorcycle collection. Andy is still a familiar sight at the workshop since Hayley became the sole owner.
Avia Autos performs MOT class 4 testing, servicing and repairs for cars and light commercial vehicles. The company has specialised in four wheel alignment for a number of decades, owing to the history it has in professional services for competition. Motorists travel considerable distances for our expertise in geometry set-up and wheel alignment.
Winning a number of national awards, such as the prestigious, over all champion Garage of the Year, from the international Automechanika, and the Patrons Award from the skills sector council to the UK Government, the IMI - you can be assured that Avia Autos holds national recognition, backed up with accreditation from both the Motor Ombudsman and the RMI IGA, making this independent workshop a safe and enjoyable place to work, to bring your vehicle, or to engage with on a B2B level.
Awards, Qualifications & Accreditations
• Gower College Swansea Apprenticeship Employer of the Year 2019
• Automechanika Garage of the Year 2019
• IMI Patron's Award for services to the sector 2020
• Chwarae Teg Womenspire Diversity Award Finalist (ceremony September 2020)
• RMI IGA finalist (ceremony June 2021)
• Exemplar Employer Award, Chwarae Teg 2018
•Certified MOT Testers
•Level 3, MOT Test Centre Management
• ILM Level 3 Leadership & Management
• City & Guilds Level 3, Light Vehicle
Maintenance & Repair
• IMI Level 3 EV & Hybrid Maintenance & Repair
• Apprenticeship qualification rate success rate since 2006 100%, all staff exceed minimum qualification standards for the sector
• Hayley Pells is a Fellow of the Institute of the Motor Industry, with engineering accreditation, 2019 -present
• Investor in People 2015-2018
• Member of IAAF 2019 - present
• CTSI approved Motor Ombudsman, 2018 to present
• CTSI approved Independent Garage Association 2019 to present
• Member of the TechsafeTM Sector Advisory Group, IMI 2020 to present
• Member of the NOS review for EV & Hybrid technology, IMI 2020 to present